How To Stop Foreclosure In California After Receiving a Notice of Default

When you are struggling to keep your home, the last thing you probably have on your mind is going to court. But, most people don’t realize that going to court is actually one of the best ways that you can stop notice of default and save your home from foreclosure, especially in California where the economy has hit hard against middle-class families. Even if you have already received a notice of default, or a notice stating that your home is going to trustee sale, you may be able to pull your home back from the brink and stop foreclosure sale proceedings.

The first thing you want to do to get started is to look for a good lawyer. California has many good lawyers, but you will need to do your research to find a good foreclosure attorney. In order to save your home, you need a lawyer with years of experience dealing specifically with foreclosure, and who has a proven track record of helping people stay in their homes and get back on the road to financial health and freedom. Look for a foreclosure attorney who makes you feel comfortable with the process, and who you can trust to help you safely and legally keep your home.

Foreclosure can be a messy process but with a good lawyer, you can keep your home. There are several ways to get started. First, you will want to discuss modifying your loan with the bank. Even if they have already sent you a foreclosure notice, they may still be willing to negotiate with you regarding your payment terms. If the bank is not willing to work with you, you should consider filing a lawsuit against the bank. If you can show that you have made every effort to work with the bank, the court may rule in your favor and stop the foreclosure process. You may also want to file bankruptcy. Bankruptcy Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy offer homeowners special protections, and even though it may seem like a drastic measure, it can help you keep your home.

If you have come to terms with losing your home and just want to avoid having to owe the bank payments for a home that’s no longer yours, you may want to consider a short sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Lenders may forgive past due payments and the resulting loss from a sale if you enter into a good agreement. Whether you are fighting to keep your home or considering a short sale or deed in lieu, it is still a good idea to get free legal advice from an experienced mortgage foreclosure attorney

Call Us for Immediate Foreclosure Help

The foreclosure lawyers at Consumer Action Law Group are dedicated to stopping foreclosure and advice homeowners how to stop foreclosure in California. Our foreclosure attorneys will take the time to explain your best options over the phone, offering free legal advice to anyone facing foreclosure. Call Consumer Action Law Group before you lose your home. The first call is always free, and it could save your home. Call (818) 254-8413 today!!

More from Foreclosure Attorneys
Back to Top